• Mark Cannon is the founding Member of Cannon Law Offices, LLC, where he currently limits his estate planning practice to his current clients, friends & family, and select referrals.
• Mark is a life-long Hoosier - having grown up in Evansville.
Mark graduated from Indiana University with a B.S. in Business Analysis in 1986, where he earned Dean's List recognition four semesters in the School of Business.
He later graduated from the University of Louisville School of Law, here he earned Dean's List recognition five times.
Mark started his legal career at the Indiana Department of Revenue as an Inheritance Tax Attorney, where he audited inheritance tax returns and fielded telephone calls from attorneys, CPA's and trust officers on complex inheritance tax matters.
Mark then joined a local public accounting firm where he recommended estate, gift, and income tax planning strategies for high net worth clients.
Mark has been in private practice since 1999.
• Mark has been a speaker at numerous seminars, including "Advanced Estate Planning Techniques in Indiana"; "Key Issues in Estate Planning & Probate in Indiana"; and "Top 10 Practice Tips for Young Lawyers & General Practitioners - Estate Planning and Administration".
• Mark is licensed to practice law in all county courts in the State of Indiana, the United States Supreme Court and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana.
• Since he is a cancer survivor, Mark is passionate about supporting the fight against cancer. Mark has participated in several Relay for Life events - a 24-hour fundraiser to raise money for the American Cancer Society. In 2013, Mark was awarded the American Cancer Society Heart award for dedicated service to advocacy for his work in lobbying Congress for additional funding for cancer research and prevention programs, as well as the Indiana legislature for laws to create smoke-free work places in Indiana. Mark was previously matched in the Big Brother program of Central Indiana for five years. Mark also served on the Board of Directors and as Treasurer for the Indianapolis Ambassadors, a local charitable supporting organization. Mark started the Estate Planning Ministry and led a men's bible study group at Northview Church in Carmel, Indiana.
• Mark currently lives in Westfield, Indiana with his spunky Boston Terrier, Larry (who has his own Facebook page). In his spare time, Mark loves spending time with his extended family, playing pickleball, snow skiing, reading, and playing an occasional game of golf.
Phone: (317) 222-3834